The Backside Learning Center is an independent non-profit organization located at Churchill Downs, while also serving surrounding racetracks. With programs centered around educational support for both adults and youths, health and wellness, human services and more. They are committed to serving as a community center and a “home away from home” for the backside community.
Their services include:
- Educational programming for children and adults
- Translation support with documents, education, applications, etc.
- Early childhood and parent support
- Weekly free fresh food market
- Community referrals for services and support
- Social services and therapy sessions offered
Churchill Downs is the only racetrack in the country that provides these services.
For more information visit backsidelearningcenter.org.
Learn more about General Federation of Women’s Clubs
GFWC Kentucky Click Here
GFWC International Click Here